top of page
Home Inspections and Radon Measurement
serving Sheridan WY, and surrounding areas
Radon is an invisible, radioactive gas created from natural deposits of uranium and radium in the soil. Radon gas can be drawn into a building and accumulate to concentrations that can increase the potential for lung cancer.
- Surveys indicate that one in three Wyoming homes have the potential for having radon concentrations in excess of the EPA guideline
- Elevated levels of radon are found in both new and old buildings.
- Radon can be found in homes built on all types of foundations, including crawlspaces, slab-on-grade and basements.
- Radon can vary from house to house. The only way to know how much radon may be in the house you are buying is to have it tested
- Radon reduction technology has improved so much over the last few years that reducing radon is easy and affordable.
Finding elevated concentrations of radon doesn't mean you should walk away from your dream home! Of all the problems a house may have, radon is one of the easiest to identify and fix.
Radon Measurement Qualifications:
- Passed the Residential Radon Measurement Provider Examination offered by the National Environmental Health Association.
- Completed coursework for radon and radon decay product measurement from the Center for Environmental Research and Technology.
- Certified by the National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP) for the State of Wyoming .
bottom of page